Western Honduras Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Plan Your Western Honduras Vacation
Western Honduras marries its indigenous and colonial heritages like nowhere else in the country. Small communities tucked into the green mountains of the Highlands maintain their old religious, cultural, artistic, and medicinal traditions. As you explore, you'll find yourself whisked back to another era.
All the international chains have set up shop in San Pedro Sula. In the city and elsewhere, you'll find a good network of smaller, less expensive lodgings...read more
Hearty and filling describes the cuisine of Western Honduras. The region combines the indigenous-influenced food of the highlands—chicken, pork, beans...read more
Things To Do in Western Honduras
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Ponder the mysteries of the Maya. Other Mayan ruins in Mesoamerica are bigger and taller, but none can top Copán for intricate artwork and few... Read more
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's