Western Honduras Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Plan Your Western Honduras Vacation
Western Honduras marries its indigenous and colonial heritages like nowhere else in the country. Small communities tucked into the green mountains of the Highlands maintain their old religious, cultural, artistic, and medicinal traditions. As you explore, you'll find yourself whisked back to another era.
All the international chains have set up shop in San Pedro Sula. In the city and elsewhere, you'll find a good network of smaller, less expensive lodgings...read more
Hearty and filling describes the cuisine of Western Honduras. The region combines the indigenous-influenced food of the highlands—chicken, pork, beans...read more
Things To Do in Western Honduras
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Ponder the mysteries of the Maya. Other Mayan ruins in Mesoamerica are bigger and taller, but none can top Copán for intricate artwork and few... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's