The friendly Instituto Hondureño de Turismo in Colonia San Carlos in Tegucigalpa is worth a visit for information about the country.
Instituto Hondureño de Turismo (Edificio Europa, 2nd floor, Col. San Carlos. 222-2124. www.letsgohonduras.com).
The long-established English-language newspaper Honduras Weekly is edited in Tegucigalpa and uses correspondents from around the country. The paper publishes a Web edition with comprehensive coverage of news and the country's always-fascinating politics. It also publishes some insightful travel essays to help get you in the mood for your upcoming Honduras trip.
All About Honduras
Honduras Weekly (www.hodurasweekly.com).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $95 -- Luxe Costa Rica Thermal Resort, Save 45% BookIt.com
- $149 -- Luxe All-Inclusive Cancun Resort, Reg. $257 BookIt.com
- $933 & up -- Costa Rica: 7 Nts. w/Hotel, Car Rental & Air LatinEscapes.com
- $499 -- New Ship to Cozumel on 6-Night Cruise MSC Cruises
- $3.42 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com