The friendly Instituto Hondureño de Turismo in Colonia San Carlos in Tegucigalpa is worth a visit for information about the country.
Instituto Hondureño de Turismo. Edificio Europa, 2nd floor, Col. San Carlos. 222–2124. www.letsgohonduras.com.
The long-established English-language newspaper Honduras Weekly is edited in Tegucigalpa and uses correspondents from around the country. The paper publishes a Web edition with comprehensive coverage of news and the country's always-fascinating politics. It also publishes some insightful travel essays to help get you in the mood for your upcoming Honduras trip.
All About Honduras
Honduras Weekly. www.hodurasweekly.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe