Mail from Honduras takes a week to 10 days to reach the United States. Letters and postcards make it just fine if posted from Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula, La Ceiba, or Roatán, and if they don't look like they contain anything of value. You'll pay L12 for a card or a letter up to 20 grams.
For timely delivery or valuable parcels, use FedEx, DHL, or UPS, which have offices in Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula, and La Ceiba. Because of the limited number of international flights, overnight service is usually not available. Plan on so-called next-day delivery, really taking three to four business days from Honduras.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's