Honduras uses 110-volt, 60-cycle electricity, as does the United States. Most outlets take two-pronged flat plugs. Power surges can happen at inexpensive hotels. A surge protector is a necessity for any valuable appliance. Power outages happen occasionally.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe