U.S. dollars and traveler's checks are the easiest, and usually the only, currency you can exchange in Honduras. Try Banco Lafise near Plaza Morazán. Most banks and malls have ATMs available as well. Normal banking hours are 9 to 4 weekdays. They are located in a financial center in Multiplaza with branches that are open from 10 to 7 Monday through Saturday, if you miss regular banking hours.
Bancahsa. Av. Cristobal Colon at C. Los Dolores, Barrio El Centro. 237-1171.
Banco Lafise. Plaza Morazan, Barrio El Centro. 237-4000. 237-1835.
Credomatic/BAC. Edificio BAC, Blvd. Morazan. 238-7200 or 206-7200.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's