Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Casa María Review
Frequented by the country's upper crust, this genteel restaurant has plenty of rooms that can be closed off for presidential meetings. Yet Melba Robelo, the Nicaraguan owner, makes sure everyone feels welcome. The fish dishes, made with the freshest ingredients, all have intriguing flavors. Try the onion soup with Swiss cheese, followed by breaded camarones (shrimp) served with butter and tarragon. The famous crepes de manzana (apple crepes) are served with almonds and liqueur. The service is irreproachable. /
- Address: Blvd. Morazán at Av. Ramón Ernesto Cruz, Col. Palmira, Tegucigalpa
- Phone: 239–4984
- Location: Colonia Palmira
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more