Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Sabor Cubano Review
Just as much a nightspot as Cuban restaurant, this old standby is immensely popular with the capital's Cuban community. Island recipes such as ropa vieja—the translation, "old clothes," may sound unappetizing, but it's really shredded flank steak in tomato sauce—are standard fare here. The full bar's selection of daiquiris, Cuba libres (rum and Coke), and mimosas will transport you back to Old Havana. There's live music and dancing on the back patio weekend nights, and if you'd like to wow your friends back home with a few moves, the place offers salsa lessons on Tuesday evenings.
- Address: Av. República de Argentina, Colonia Palmira, Tegucigalpa
- Phone: 235–9947
- Location: Colonia Palmira
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., no dinner Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more