Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
El Patio Review
Tegucigalpa's best-known Honduran restaurant dishes up ample helpings of típico (traditional) food. The rustic building with brick patio evokes an old Honduran country home. You can watch your food being prepared on the open grill, with pinchos (Honduran-style chicken, beef, or pork kebabs) being special favorites here. It's all accompanied by anafres, a dip of refried beans and cheese. The waitstaff wear traditional Honduran clothing (think white dresses and pants with thin, colorful stripes).
- Address: Blvd. Morazán at Av. República Dominicana, Colonia Palmira, Tegucigalpa
- Phone: 221–4141
- Location: Colonia Palmira
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more