Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
La Terraza de Don Pepe
La Terraza de Don Pepe Review
How many restaurants keep a shrine to the Virgin Mary on their premises? At the entrance to the restrooms, no less? This downtown eatery does. The statue of the Virgin of Suyapa, Honduras's patron saint, appeared wrapped in newspaper in Don Pepe's men's room one night in 1986. A miracle or a drop-off by a thief? You can decide Standard Honduran fare—hearty chicken, beef, and pork dishes—are served here; the lunchtime plato del día, a combination of meat, rice, and vegetables, includes a beverage and is a good bargain.
- Address: Av. Cristóbal Colón, Barrio El Centro, Tegucigalpa
- Phone: 237–1084
- Location: Barrio El Centro
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more