Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Cristo de Picacho
Cristo de Picacho Review
Standing guard over the city, this monumental statue of Christ has been a landmark since it was erected in 1997. On the same hill is an ancient Coca-Cola sign, constructed with individual white letters using the same idea as Southern California's famous "hollywood" sign. It is visible from many places throughout the city, and its proximity has led irreverent residents to dub the Cristo statue "the Coca-Cola Christ." From here there's a beautiful view of the valley. It all sits in the Parque de las Naciones Unidas, a great place to have a picnic, although it can be crowded with locals on weekends. A small zoo in the park has seen better days. A taxi is the easiest way to get up here. Expect to pay L100 from downtown.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more