Café Paradiso Review
That just might be the ghost of Che Guevara plotting the next revolution off in the corner of this unpretentious little coffeehouse with a slightly political bent. Paradiso serves local beverage specialties, but is best known for its carajillo (coffee with cognac). The food is basic but filling, with locals leaning toward favorites like the tortilla española (Spanish omelet). While you wait, peruse the selection of books on Honduran history and politics, or stop by on Thursday evenings when a film is screened.
- Address: Av. Miguel Paz Barahona at C. Las Damas, Barrio El Centro, Tegucigalpa
- Phone: 237–0337
- Location: Barrio El Centro
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene. ... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more