Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Plaza Morazán Review
Crowded night and day, the city's central park—folks here frequently refer to the public space as the Parque Central—is where everyone comes to chat with friends, purchase lottery tickets, have their shoes polished, and listen to free afternoon concerts. As it was recently refurbished with new benches and outdoor seating, you'll want to sit here for a while to admire the cathedral's facade and watch the pigeons playing peekaboo near the equestrian statue of Francisco Morazán, born in Tegucigalpa and president of the Central American Federation in the 1830s, which included Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, and Costa Rica.On the topic of those pigeons, they seem to have amazingly accurate aim. Watch where you sit.
- Address: C. Bolívar and Av. Miguel de Cervantes, Barrio El Centro, Tegucigalpa
- Location: Barrio El Centro
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more