Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Ecoalbergue El Rosario
At a Glance
- real "get back to nature" feeling
- difficult to get here
- spartan accommodation
- chilly at night
Check Rates from our Partners
Ecoalbergue El Rosario Review
This cabin in the clouds is operated by the Amitigra Foundation, a nonprofit organization that supports La Tigra National Park. Reservations should be made in advance through its offices in Tegucigalpa. You can also arrange transportation through Amitigra. Accommodation here is basic, but the caretakers are happy to make you breakfast and dinner. The warm shower is a real treat in the wilderness.
- Address: El Rosario
- Phone: 238–6269 in Tegucigalpa
- Location: Parque Nacional La Tigra
- 2 rooms.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more