Nightlife & the Arts in Tegucigalpa
Tegus's weeknights can be a tad drowsy, but Friday and Saturday nights get quite lively. (In fact, many nightspots keep Wednesday-through-Saturday schedules only.) Around Colonia Palmira you'll find good bars and restaurants, and Blvd. Morazán is home to the glitziest clubs. Pick up the current edition of Honduras Weekly to find out what's happening around town.
Don't be intimidated by the signs asking customers to leave their guns at the door. Most businesses and offices display such signs. (The numbers are small, but enough people do carry guns that businesses make their preferences known.) Remember to take a taxi after dark, even if you're going just a few blocks away. Management at most nightspots will be happy to help you get a cab when you're ready to head back to your hotel. All indoor venues are no-smoking.
Browse Tegucigalpa Nightlife
Browse Tegucigalpa Nightlife By Location
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe