- Travel Tips
Top Reasons to Go
Get lost in Honduras's colonial past. Scattered among the haphazard downtown architecture are a few well-preserved colonial-era gems. These are no dusty artifacts, though, and serve today as thriving parish churches, government buildings, museums, and galleries.
Discover small-town Tegus. Glittering? Cosmopolitan? Debonair? Um, not really. Wander the streets, talk to the people, and discover why the capital is really an overgrown small town at heart.
Get out of town. Some of Tegucigalpa's best attractions lie outside the city itself. City residents flock to the charming villages of Santa Lucía and Valle de Ángeles on weekends. Follow their lead.
Take in a cloud forest. A misty, otherworldly fairyland of orchids, bromeliads, and ferns awaits just north of the capital at La Tigra, one of Honduras's top (and most accessible) national parks.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $211 & up -- Cancun 5-Star All-Inclusive Hotel up to 20% Off The Beloved Hotel
- $180-$187 -- Los Cabos Beach All-Incl. Resort incl. Weekends Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
- $933 & up -- Costa Rica: 7 Nts. w/Hotel, Car Rental & Air LatinEscapes.com
- $499 -- New Ship to Cozumel on 6-Night Cruise MSC Cruises
- $3.42 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com