Tegucigalpa Travel Guide
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Plan Your Tegucigalpa Vacation
No one we know mentions Tegucigalpa, Honduras's congested capital, as their favorite place in the country, but on a sunny afternoon when there's a breath of a breeze, you may decide you want to linger a while longer. This city of more than 1 million people sits in a valley surrounded by beautiful pine-covered mountains, and at an altitude of 3,300 feet, you can't beat the moderate springlike climate.
Tegucigalpa has only a moderate selection of decent hotels; variety and availability are not as large as you'd expect in a capital city of one million people...read more
Tegucigalpa has a few outstanding restaurants, although not as many as you'd expect in a city of one million people. You'll find a good selection along...read more
Things To Do in Tegucigalpa
Nearly all of Tegucigalpa's sights concentrate in Barrio...read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's