Sports and the Outdoors
Reserva Biológica Yuscarán. The cloud-forest reserve just south of town with its three 6,000-ft peaks is worth a visit if you're going to be in the area a few days—and if you have a spirit of adventure. The drive up gets very steep and hair-raising in spots. The confusing layout of the trails means realistically, you should only attempt a visit with a guide. The nonprofit Fundación Yuscarán, dedicated to area conservation, should be your number-one stop in planning a visit to the reserve. Fundación Yuscarán, Parque Central, next to City Hall, Yuscarán. 793–7158.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's