No domestic airports exist in this region. The south lies so close to Tegucigalpa that most visitors traveling by air arrive and depart via the capital's Aeropuerto Internacional Toncontín.
Aeropuerto Internacional Toncontin. 233-1115 in Tegucigalpa.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's