At a Glance
- friendly owners
- cozy rooms
- bargain rates
- well-appointed furnishings
- only two rooms
- reservations are absolutely essential
Casa Colibrí Review
Yuscarán's best lodging option is tiny, tiny, tiny, with just two rooms—always call ahead—separated by a sitting room. Both guest rooms in this colonial-era home have high ceilings, wood furnishings, and comfy beds, and are decorated with colorful Guatemalan handicrafts. Rooms have no televisions, but you can watch the one in the adjoining sitting room. There's a book exchange, too, and quite frankly, this seems like the kind of place in which to curl up with a good read rather than watch the tube. The location can't be beat: you're right on Yuscarán's central park.
- Address: Parque Central, Yuscarán
- Phone: 793–7611
- Location: Yuscarán
- 2 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more