El Faro de Victoria
El Faro de Victoria Review
The island's best-known restaurant is this pleasant, open-air joint just to the right of the docks in town. (Note that if you're here during the week, this will likely be the only in-town restaurant open.) Seafood reigns here. Choose from such dishes as garlic shrimp or pescado sudado. The name, which translates as "sweaty fish," sounds less appetizing than it really is. It's merely fish poached in foil. El Faro serves up a decent burger, and ample french fries accompany every main course. Wash your meal down with one of several cold Honduran beers on the menu.
- Address: At the pier, Amapala, Isla del Tigre
- Phone: 795–8543
- Location: Isla del Tigre
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more