Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
El Faro de Victoria
El Faro de Victoria Review
The island's best-known restaurant is this pleasant, open-air joint just to the right of the docks in town. (Note that if you're here during the week, this will likely be the only in-town restaurant open.) Seafood reigns here. Choose from such dishes as garlic shrimp or pescado sudado. The name, which translates as "sweaty fish," sounds less appetizing than it really is. It's merely fish poached in foil. El Faro serves up a decent burger, and ample french fries accompany every main course. Wash your meal down with one of several cold Honduran beers on the menu.
- Address: At the pier, Amapala, Isla del Tigre
- Phone: 795–8543
- Location: Isla del Tigre
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more