Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
At a Glance
- good budget value
- near central park
- basic rooms
- not all bathrooms are fully enclosed
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Bonsai Review
Choluteca's in-town hotels are pretty utilitarian, but pretty inexpensive, too. (You get what you pay for.) Hotel Bonsai, with rooms surrounding a courtyard, is the best of the lot. Look at a couple of the rooms before you decide: in a few of them, the bathroom is only partially walled off from the rest of the unit. Spring for air-conditioning, too—it costs only a few dollars more. Some of the rooms have only fans, and you'll definitely want more than that in the heat.
- Address: ½ block south of Parque Central, Choluteca
- Phone: 782–2648
- Location: Choluteca
- 12 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more