At a Glance
- good budget value
- near central park
- basic rooms
- not all bathrooms are fully enclosed
Hotel Bonsai Review
Choluteca's in-town hotels are pretty utilitarian, but pretty inexpensive, too. (You get what you pay for.) Hotel Bonsai, with rooms surrounding a courtyard, is the best of the lot. Look at a couple of the rooms before you decide: in a few of them, the bathroom is only partially walled off from the rest of the unit. Spring for air-conditioning, too—it costs only a few dollars more. Some of the rooms have only fans, and you'll definitely want more than that in the heat.
- Address: ½ block south of Parque Central, Choluteca
- Phone: 782–2648
- Location: Choluteca
- 12 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. ... Read more
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St.... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more