Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Playa El Burro
Playa El Burro Review
The closest beach to town lies just east of Amapala. It is the calmest beach for swimming since its sheltered location directly faces the mainland. El Burro gets muddy at low tide—that's the most common complaint about this beach. A few food stands pop up every weekend, and for finer dining, the seafood restaurant at Veleros is right here.
- Address: East of Amapala., Isla del Tigre
- Location: Isla del Tigre
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more