At a Glance
- friendly owners
- good seafood restaurant
- terrific budget value
- right on beach
- basic rooms
As with every lodging option on Isla del Tigre, things are pretty plain and simple, but Veleros is immaculate—that's something you can't say about every hotel on the island—and service is friendly. Rooms contain comfortable beds and tile floors. You can pay a discounted rate off the already low prices if you don't use the air-conditioning, but you'll definitely want to spring for the air. You'll likely find yourself lounging around on the deck, lazing in one of the hammocks, or hanging out at the seafood restaurant ($$). The lobster is a steal at L360.
- Address: Playa El Burro, Isla del Tigre
- Phone: 795–8040
- Location: Isla del Tigre
- 3 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players ... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more