Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
At a Glance
- friendly owners
- good seafood restaurant
- terrific budget value
- right on beach
- basic rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
As with every lodging option on Isla del Tigre, things are pretty plain and simple, but Veleros is immaculate—that's something you can't say about every hotel on the island—and service is friendly. Rooms contain comfortable beds and tile floors. You can pay a discounted rate off the already low prices if you don't use the air-conditioning, but you'll definitely want to spring for the air. You'll likely find yourself lounging around on the deck, lazing in one of the hammocks, or hanging out at the seafood restaurant ($$). The lobster is a steal at L360.
- Address: Playa El Burro, Isla del Tigre
- Phone: 795–8040
- Location: Isla del Tigre
- 3 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more