At a Glance
- friendly owners
- good seafood restaurant
- terrific budget value
- right on beach
- basic rooms
As with every lodging option on Isla del Tigre, things are pretty plain and simple, but Veleros is immaculate—that's something you can't say about every hotel on the island—and service is friendly. Rooms contain comfortable beds and tile floors. You can pay a discounted rate off the already low prices if you don't use the air-conditioning, but you'll definitely want to spring for the air. You'll likely find yourself lounging around on the deck, lazing in one of the hammocks, or hanging out at the seafood restaurant ($$). The lobster is a steal at L360.
- Address: Playa El Burro, Isla del Tigre,
- Phone: 795-8040
- Location: Isla del Tigre
- 3 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $95 -- Luxe Costa Rica Thermal Resort, Save 45% BookIt.com
- $149 -- Luxe All-Inclusive Cancun Resort, Reg. $257 BookIt.com
- $933 & up -- Costa Rica: 7 Nts. w/Hotel, Car Rental & Air LatinEscapes.com
- $499 -- New Ship to Cozumel on 6-Night Cruise MSC Cruises
- $3.42 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
· News & Features
With a burgeoning food and drink scene, gorgeous green spaces, and festivals galore, Philly should be ... Read more
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch... Read more
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the... Read more