Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Playa Negra Review
Isla del Tigre's prettiest beach is the black-sand strand on the southwest corner of the island. With almost no shelter from the Pacific Ocean, swimming is rough here. A couple of lodgings on Playa Negra—we don't recommend them as places to stay—have hotel restaurants. A few food stands magically appear on weekends, too.
- Address: 6 km (3 ½ mi) south of Amapala, Isla del Tigre
- Location: Isla del Tigre
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more