Isla del Tigre has neither banks nor ATMs. Bring all the cash you'll need, ideally in lempiras only. The total lack of a banking system on the island means that money circulation has some constraints, and businesses are frequently unable to change large bills. Bring bills in as small a denomination as possible. In a pinch, the Restaurante El Faro de Victoria will change U.S. dollars, but at an unfavorable rate to you.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe