Exercise utmost care when swimming at all beaches on Isla del Tigre. Common wisdom is that waters are calmer at sheltered Playa El Burro near the town of Amalapa. Other beaches are more exposed to the vagaries of the Pacific Ocean and represent more of a threat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe