Southern Honduras Travel Guide
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Plan Your Southern Honduras Vacation
Even old Honduran hands scratch their heads when someone mentions the country's southern region. (The remote Mosquitía in the northeast part of the country manages to attract more international visitors than southern Honduras does.) But it's really no effort at all if you're already in Tegucigalpa, and you'll be repaid warmly by what you find in this least-traveled part of Honduras.
Acceptable accommodation is sparse in this region, with the destinations we list each having, at best, a couple of decent hotels, and many of those having...read more
Fancy, upscale dining does not really exist here. When you come to the south, prepare yourself for small, family-run restaurants serving filling, basic...read more
Things To Do in Southern Honduras
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's