Southern Honduras Travel Guide
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Plan Your Southern Honduras Vacation
Even old Honduran hands scratch their heads when someone mentions the country's southern region. (The remote Mosquitía in the northeast part of the country manages to attract more international visitors than southern Honduras does.) But it's really no effort at all if you're already in Tegucigalpa, and you'll be repaid warmly by what you find in this least-traveled part of Honduras.
Acceptable accommodation is sparse in this region, with the destinations we list each having, at best, a couple of decent hotels, and many of those having...read more
Fancy, upscale dining does not really exist here. When you come to the south, prepare yourself for small, family-run restaurants serving filling, basic...read more
Things To Do in Southern Honduras
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Bask in the colonial past. The town of Yuscarán might not have a must-see sightseeing list with items for you to check off, but few Honduran towns... Read more
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's