- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Utila's Carnival celebrations usually run for seven days in mid-July and culminate with a Saturday parade and the Sunday coronation of the Carnival queen. One of Central America's largest electronic music festivals, Sun Jam, takes place the first weekend of August on Water Key, a 3-acre island located 10 km (6 mi) from the mainland. Local fishermen shuttle partygoers from Utila to the daylong fiesta.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's