- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Most resorts and dive hotels in Roatán have plenty of information on localized and island-wide activities and tours. The tourism office sells tickets and arranges tours for fishing, diving, sailing, snorkeling, and park excursions. In Utila, there is no official tourist center, but shops around the dock and realty offices in town are stocked with maps and Honduras Tips guidebooks. UtilaGuide.com is a Web site run by local real estate agents and is part directory, part tour guide. GuanajaGuide.com gives a good overview of the island but is a bit outdated.
Roatan Tourist Information Center West Bay Beach in front of Fostor's Resort, Roatan. 3336-5597. www.roatantouristinfo.com.
Chambers of Tourism
Canaturh Bay Islands Casa Romeo building, French Harbour, Roatan. 455-5854. www.canaturh-bayislands.org.
Bay Islands Conservation Association (BICA) Utila Utila Town, Utila. 425-3260. www.bicautila.org.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's