- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Many establishments on the islands accept both dollars and lempiras, so there's not much need to change currencies. There are a number of banks on Roatán, and most offer cash advance on Visa cards. All have branches in Coxen Hole and French Harbour, and some have ATMs in West End and West Bay. Utila has just two cash machines, both of which are near the municipal dock in the town center. Some grocery stores will provide cash advances on credit cards with no additional charge for the transaction. There's a Banco Atlántida in Guanaja Town, but no ATMs.
Banking hours on Roatán are generally 8 to 11:30 am and 1 to 4 pm during the week, and from 8 to 11:30 am on Saturday. In Utila and Guanaja, hours are 9 to 4 during the week. While tour operators, resorts, hotels, and nicer eateries accept credit cards, most other places do not.
Banco BAC Credomatic Coxen Hole, Roatan. 445-1196.
Banco Atlántida Coxen Hole, Roatán. 445–1225. ½ block from municipal dock, Utila. 425–3374 or 3375. Bonacca, Guanaja. 453–4262.
Banco del Pais MegaPlaza Mall, Roatan. 480-5332.
HSBC Coxen Hole, Roatan. 425-1203 or 1232. French Harbour. 455-6695 or 6767. across from municipal dock, Utila. 425-3117 or 3257.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's