- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
The only paved road on Roatán runs the length of the island as far east as Oak Ridge and as far west as Sandy Bay. There are a number of unpaved, unmarked roads leading to various settlements on the southern and northern shores. These are graded from time to time but can be difficult to navigate, particularly if it has been raining. Outside Coxen Hole, most of the roads have no street lights and are hard to navigate at night.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe