- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
This traditional Garífuna cay has lunch, lodging, and snorkeling. Village chief Roman Norales heads the town of 44 fishing families and often oversees tourism in the tiny community, a budding industry that supplies most of the island's income. The communal restaurant prepares fried fish, shrimp, and lobsters for tourists (have your guide put in an order at least an hour in advance). A rustic motel with 16 rooms and shared latrines costs L300 a night per couple.
- Address: Cayos Cochinos
- Location: Cayos Cochinos
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more