- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
At a Glance
- great culturally immersive experience
- 5% of hotel rates support the local school
- no air-conditioning
Laru Beya Review
The name of this East End community project means "the beach's edge" in Garífuna. Two cabins in the middle of town face glittering waters and neighboring cays. Each cabin is equipped with a shared bathroom, three bunk beds, one double, and a single. Fans and electrical outlets are charged by solar panels. The restaurant out front serves traditional fare like fried fish and rice and beans. Stays can be arranged through Honduras Tourist Options or with the hotel directly.
- Address: East End Cayo Mayor, Cayos Cochinos
- Phone: 9918–8931; 9876–7052
- Location: Cayos Cochinos
- 2 cabins.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players ... Read more