- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
At a Glance
- great culturally immersive experience
- 5% of hotel rates support the local school
- no air-conditioning
Check Rates from our Partners
Laru Beya Review
The name of this East End community project means "the beach's edge" in Garífuna. Two cabins in the middle of town face glittering waters and neighboring cays. Each cabin is equipped with a shared bathroom, three bunk beds, one double, and a single. Fans and electrical outlets are charged by solar panels. The restaurant out front serves traditional fare like fried fish and rice and beans. Stays can be arranged through Honduras Tourist Options or with the hotel directly.
- Address: East End Cayo Mayor, Cayos Cochinos
- Phone: 9918–8931; 9876–7052
- Location: Cayos Cochinos
- 2 cabins.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more