Gumbalimba Park Review
This park is part nature reserve, part tourism fun. Macaws, parrots, and monkeys will land on your shoulders as iguanas scuttle around more than 200 tropical tree and plant species. Paved paths lined with boulders lead to sandy beaches and a 91-m (300-ft) high hanging bridge that crosses a lagoon. The park's zip-line tour is its main attraction, with 13 lines traversing the rain-forest canopy. There is also snorkeling, diving, horseback riding, and kayaking. Coxen's Cave is reminiscent of a theme park ride: recreated cave drawings line the walls, and dotting the interior are life-size pirate statues and replicas of maps, weapons, and treasure. Grab a bite at the poolside grill and take a refreshing shower in the outdoor stalls. Park admission includes the pirate cave, animal preserve, botanical gardens and pool access. All other activities cost extra.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's