- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Roatán Butterfly Garden
Roatán Butterfly Garden Review
Thousands of butterflies flutter past tropical trees of banana, papaya, and breadfruit in the 3,000 square-feet enclosure. Shaded benches along gravel paths overlook more than 25 varieties of hibiscus, ginger, jasmine, and orchid plants. The park is also home to brilliant red macaws, chatty green parrots, and an array of flitting hummingbirds. Visitors can wander the garden alone or hire a guide for an hour-long tour. To get to the park, walk about five minutes east of the West End entrance along the road to Coxen Hole.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more