- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Roatán Butterfly Garden
Roatán Butterfly Garden Review
Thousands of butterflies flutter past tropical trees of banana, papaya, and breadfruit in the 3,000 square-feet enclosure. Shaded benches along gravel paths overlook more than 25 varieties of hibiscus, ginger, jasmine, and orchid plants. The park is also home to brilliant red macaws, chatty green parrots, and an array of flitting hummingbirds. Visitors can wander the garden alone or hire a guide for an hour-long tour. To get to the park, walk about five minutes east of the West End entrance along the road to Coxen Hole.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more