- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Getting Here and Around
Guanaja is the least accessible of the Bay Islands. Ferries no longer run between Trujillo and Guanaja, although the private Bolea Express does make trips to the mainland twice a week. The easiest way to arrive is by plane. Aerolíneas Sosa flies twice daily to and from La Ceiba, and charter airlines Aviac and Lanhsa have regular flights as well.
A 3.2-km (2 mi) paved road runs east to west between Savannah Bight and Mangrove Bight on the north end, but the primary way to move here is by boat. With prior notice, most hotels and restaurants will pick you up from the airport and shuttle you around.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $91-$97 -- Suite at 4-Diamond Cabo Family Resort, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $60-$96 -- Cancun All-Inclusive Water Park Resort, 60% Off BookIt.com
- $689 & up -- Mexico Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $4.39 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com