- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Getting Here and Around
Guanaja is the least accessible of the Bay Islands. Ferries no longer run between Trujillo and Guanaja, although the private Bolea Express does make trips to the mainland twice a week. The easiest way to arrive is by plane. Aerolíneas Sosa flies twice daily to and from La Ceiba, and charter airlines Aviac and Lanhsa have regular flights as well.
A 3.2-km (2 mi) paved road runs east to west between Savannah Bight and Mangrove Bight on the north end, but the primary way to move here is by boat. With prior notice, most hotels and restaurants will pick you up from the airport and shuttle you around.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's