Roatán and the Bay Islands Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Surrounded by one of the world's largest barrier reefs, the Bay Islands are a dream come true for snorkelers who can come face-to-face with shy sea turtles and divers who can glide along the bottom with graceful eagle rays. It's also irresistible for those who simply want to relax on a palm-fringed beach far from the crowds found in the rest of the Caribbean.
The Bay Islands offer visitors lodging options from nearly every point on the pricing scale and can accommodate guests for stays as short as one night or...read more
Traditional Bay Island cuisine centers around the obvious ingredient: seafood. The undisturbed reefs and endless waters provide the islands with a bounty...read more
Things To Do in Roatán and the Bay Islands
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Scuba Diving and Snorkeling. The colorful coral surrounding the Bay Islands has been attracting divers for decades. There's no need to take a... Read more
Overlooking the Place de la Concorde, Paris's storied Hôtel de Crillon has joined the Rosewood Hotels... Read more
A new small ship company, Pearl Seas Cruises, has announced its 2015 Caribbean season, with itineraries... Read more
Add JetBlue to the list of airlines offering in-flight internet connectivity.... Read more
· Travel Planner
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe