Village Trail Review
Easy, one day, one guide (optional). For a true feel of life in Las Marías, follow the flat dirt trail around the village for a couple of hours. A local guide can point out medicinal plants and trees used for crafts, although the walk is easy enough to go it alone. Start at the boat landing and pass the humble one-room homes, a schoolhouse, and local clinic, then cross a narrow bridge to the second river access. The footpath loops around and brings you back to the central part of town.
- Address: Río Plátano Biosphere Reserve, Las Marías
- Location: Las Marías
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more