Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Easy, two days, three guides. The extended petroglyphs tour starts off the same as the trip to Walpaulbansirpe. Rather than return to Las Marías, however, you'll spend the night camping or at a nearby hospedaje. On the second day, the pipante continues upriver to the second set of carvings, stopping occasionally for quick hikes along the banks of Río Plátano. Coast back to Las Marías that afternoon.
- Address: Río Plátano Biosphere Reserve, Las Marías
- Location: Las Marías
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more