Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Brans Jungle Hike
Brans Jungle Hike Review
A boat ride from Belén across Laguna de Ibans takes you to Banaka Creek. A strenuous full-day hike in the rain forest leads to a waterfall, virgin jungle, and a grouping of ancient petroglyphs in the village of Banaka. The carvings here might be a convenient alternative if you don't have the three days it takes to make the trip to the more famous Walpaulbansirpe petroglyphs, near Las Marías.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more