Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Cannon Island Excursion
Cannon Island Excursion Review
A quick boat ride from the savanna forest takes you to Cannon Island. The British used the minifortress in the 18th century to protect the entrance to Brus Laguna and ward off attacks by Spanish naval forces, who competed with England for control of the Mosquito Coast, and European pirates. Cannons and other heavy artillery still line the island's beaches.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more