La Ruta Moskitia warns its clients not to spend the night in Palacios, as the town stays noisy at night and can get sketchy after dark. Guests at the secure Hotel Moskitia have little to worry about, and the town is generally safe during the day. Healthwise, sand flies here are especially pesky. Cover up with lightweight clothing and keep a bottle of bug repellent handy to fend off mosquitoes and no-see-ums.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's