Getting Here and Around in Palacios
Getting Here and Around
Without the airport, transit to and from Palacios is exclusively via boat. Colectivo water taxis from Batalla frequently make the half-hour trip to Palacios, and rates are negotiable. Shared boats also swing by on the way to Raista/Belén and charge L150 per individual for the two-hour leg. Express boats from Palacios head to Raista/Belén for L800 per group round-trip.
A handful of boats leave Palacios daily at 2 pm for the two-to-three-hour trek to Brus Laguna, and water taxis leave Brus Laguna for Palacios at 3 am. Fares should run around L400.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's