Getting Here and Around
Without the airport, transit to and from Palacios is exclusively via boat. Colectivo water taxis from Batalla frequently make the half-hour trip to Palacios, and rates are negotiable. Shared boats also swing by on the way to Raista/Belén and charge L150 per individual for the two-hour leg. Express boats from Palacios head to Raista/Belén for L800 per group round-trip.
A handful of boats leave Palacios daily at 2 pm for the two-to-three-hour trek to Brus Laguna, and water taxis leave Brus Laguna for Palacios at 3 am. Fares should run around L400.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's