Belén is sandwiched between two other villages. It starts where Raista meets the airport and ends where Nueva Jersusalén begins, with little indication of any line between the towns. This languid Miskito village is mere steps away from the Caribbean Sea and is an equally short walk to Laguna de Ibans. Whereas Raista is nestled within the jungle's cover, Belén is sprawled along an empty coastline with endless vistas of the Pico Baltimore mountain range.
Belén at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's