Getting Here and Around
Sosa has three flights a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) from La Ceiba to Brus Laguna. SAMI/Aerocaribe Honduras also flies on a semiregular basis to the town.
From Brus Laguna, direct expreso boats can be hired for the two-hour journey to Raista/Belén (L1,500 per group) or the slightly longer trip to Plaplaya and Palacios. Boat rides from Brus Laguna to Las Marías last seven hours and cost L3,500 per group. Colectivo water taxis also travel between the same communities for a fraction of the cost. Any local can point you in the right direction to a water taxi, but the best way to secure a ride is to call a hotel office or tour company to set you up with their most trusted captains. It's best to plan return trips in advance so that boats can make sure to be there when you need them.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe