La Mosquitía Travel Guide
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Plan Your La Mosquitía Vacation
Step onto a narrow canoe and glide down the river past the infinite verdant jungle, and you'll slowly feel yourself slip into another era. Civilization fades away as the hoots and howls of wildlife intensify and swampy mangroves thicken. Seductive solitude and the mysterious virgin landscape are exactly what make La Mosquitía in northeast Honduras an eco-adventurer's paradise.
Simplistic cabins and lodges are a suprisingly comfortable option out in the wild. Family-run quarters, or hospedajes, have inexpensive rooms and limited...read more
In a country known for its simple cuisine, the fare in La Mosquitía is inescapably traditional. Complicated transportation in and out of the region essentially...read more
Things To Do in La Mosquitía
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Explore the ecosystems. Caribbean beaches, coral reefs, glassy lagoons, mangrove swamps, secluded islands, and pine savanna make for countless... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's