- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Getting Here and Around
Aviac airlines has regular flights from La Ceiba to Trujillo. The airport is a small gravel lot behind the Hotel Christopher Columbus, just east of the town center. By car, it's about a two-hour drive or less. Take the road from La Ceiba to Tocoa and exit at the Trujillo turn off. Budget bus lines Cotraibal and Cotuc have multiple departures between La Ceiba and Trujillo everyday. The ride is around three hours, with a stop in Tocoa. Buses drop passengers off at the Texaco gas station about 400 m from the town center. A colectivo cab into town should cost between L20 and L50.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's