- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
The Honduran Institute of Tourism (IHT) has made a big push in recent years to make the Caribbean coast an accessible tourism hub. Hotels are stocked with city maps and guidebooks. Its U.S.-based partner, Let's Go Honduras (no relation to the guidebook series Let's Go), is a great place to ask questions and gather tips, maps, and itineraries. The Web site is lacking, but the staff is responsive and thorough via e-mail. Local tourism chambers also have great contacts with tour groups and hotels. Tela, La Ceiba, and Trujillo all have small visitor centers that can provide directions and other helpful information.
Instituto Hondureño de Turismo. 222–2124. www.iht.hn.
Let's Go Honduras. www.letsgohonduras.com.
Chambers of Tourism
Camara Nacional de Turismo (CANATURH). 239-9379 or 235-8533. www.canaturh.org.
Omoa and Puerto Cortes. www.camturcostadeoro.com.
Tela. 448-1793. www.telaescaribe.com.
La Ceiba. 408-5277 or 440-1791. www.laceibainfo.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe