- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
If you are looking to rent a car along the coast, head to La Ceiba. Most agencies have offices in town and at the airport, and many include insurance in the rate.
Major highways along the coast are well-paved and efficient, although local roads are subject to potholes and heavy flooding during the rainy season. Drivers here frequently speed, honk, and turn without signal, and livestock is likely to cross the road, so expect adventure and stay alert. Various police checkpoints stop cars to check license and registration, but the process is usually quick.
Advance Rent a Car. Hotel Posada del Caribe, Col. El Toronjal, La Ceiba. 442-8087. www.advancerentacar.com.
Avis. Blvd. 15 de Septiembre, La Ceiba. 441-2802; 9986-0033 at the airport. www.avis.com.
Econo Rent a Car. Col. El Toronjal, by Hotel Emperador, La Ceiba. 441-6538.
Molinari. Parque Central, La Ceiba. 443-0055. email@example.com.
Toyota Rent a Car. Carreterra a Tela, La Ceiba. 441-0140 or 441-2532.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $80 -- Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort, Incl. 25% Meals CheapCaribbean.com
- $115-$149 -- Cancun: 4-Star Resort w/Breakfast, 35% Off The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun
- $599 & up -- All-Incl. Riviera Maya Adult-Only Resort w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $499 -- New Ship to Cozumel on 6-Night Cruise MSC Cruises
- $3.42 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com