- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
If you are looking to rent a car along the coast, head to La Ceiba. Most agencies have offices in town and at the airport, and many include insurance in the rate.
Major highways along the coast are well-paved and efficient, although local roads are subject to potholes and heavy flooding during the rainy season. Drivers here frequently speed, honk, and turn without signal, and livestock is likely to cross the road, so expect adventure and stay alert. Various police checkpoints stop cars to check license and registration, but the process is usually quick.
Advance Rent a Car. Hotel Posada del Caribe, Col. El Toronjal, La Ceiba. 442-8087. www.advancerentacar.com.
Avis. Blvd. 15 de Septiembre, La Ceiba. 441-2802; 9986-0033 at the airport. www.avis.com.
Econo Rent a Car. Col. El Toronjal, by Hotel Emperador, La Ceiba. 441-6538.
Molinari. Parque Central, La Ceiba. 443-0055. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Toyota Rent a Car. Carreterra a Tela, La Ceiba. 441-0140 or 441-2532.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's