- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Fishing boats and seafood shacks line the shores of this Garífuna community. For many travelers, the town is a departure point for snorkeling and diving trips to the Cayos Cochinos archipelago. The easternmost side provides a pleasant overnight escape from city life with its string of eateries and hotels; the zone has been fondly nicknamed the "Gringo Gulch" by its growing group of expat residents.
Sambo Creek at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's